Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lola's 'different' kinda hangover breakfast - SALAD

So I dont really know how, but I woke up this morning feeling pretty hungover. I only had a couple of glasses of wine so it didn't make sense...but whatever my body likes to play tricks on me. According to my interpretation of Chinese Medicine, alcohol is dry heat energetically - so I wanted to eat the opposite of this to feel better.
Instead of eating the "hangover cure" breakfast which usually consists of greasy eggs, bacon and potatoes, I made a salad! I know salad sounds so boring, but you know me - I cant just eat a regular salad...
So I made a spinach salad with fresh green beans, raw unpasteurized goat cheese, fresh radishes and cilantro with homemade lemon pepper dressing! Oh, and I also cooked up some organic turkey bacon and threw it on top.
I wanted to be sure to cool my body off (because I was hot, and had a wicked headache) while still nourishing my body with proteins, and veggies. Its super simple, ad it made me feel 10 times better than if I would have eaten some sort of grease bucket breakfast.
Ingredients:
Fresh organic baby spinach
2-3 slices of rinsed organic turkey bacon (I buy it from Trader Joes)
Fresh green beans, chopped in thirds
About 7 little cubes of raw organic goat cheese
Baby red/pink radishes
About a 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
1/2 of a lemon, cut in 2
A pinch of black pepper

Rinse the veggies well, and chop up your beans and radishes. Throw your bacon in a skillet and cook on LOW for about 5-8 minutes, flipping once. Cut a slice of cheese about 1/3 an inch, and cube it up. Put your spinach in the bowl first, then the green beans, then the radishes, and then the cheese. Sprinkle your cilantro on top of it all. When your bacon is ready, you can either cut it up and mix it in, or place it on the side of your salad. Put in your black pepper, and squeeze your lemons all around the salad. Thats it! Its delicious, easy, and will cool off that hot head you've acquired after a night of partying!

No comments:

Post a Comment