Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lola's New Goal!

So I haven't been around in a while because I decided to change my goal. The Candida Cleanse just wasn't meant for me. 
I decided to get some professional advice instead of constantly trying to fix all my problems on my own. Now I can tell you it was a great choice and I cannot wait until I can feel a difference! 
I got in contact with Michael McEvoy @ Radiant Health. We did what is called a Metabolic Type Nutrition Assessment. Basically what that consists of is a diet based on the way your body metabolizes certain foods. I filled out a serious of forms, along with a food journal for 3 days and sent those over to Michael. After that, we chatted on Skype for 2 1/2 hours about the changes I need to make not only in my eating, but my whole entire lifestyle. It was absolutely amazing! Michael was very knowledgeable to the point where I could have sat and listened to him talk all day. Unfortunately that costs a large sum of money - so I took my 2 hours instead. 
So the conclusion from all of this was - I ate too many carbs and not enough protein. My body fuels the best off of large amount of protein. The reason I had massive amounts of sugar/grain/salt cravings is because my body would burn all of those up quickly and then be exhausted right after. On this diet I will be able to have much more energy, along with less food cravings. I will also not feel hungry as often as I usually do. Yippee! 
Ive slowly began adjusting to my new way of eating, but its not going to be easy. I will have to cook most of my food instead of getting food @ work or school. I don't mind preparing my own food, but I need to work on my time management so I can allow some cooking time before work and school. 
Since most of my diet will consist of mostly proteins, I will still be posting a ton of delicious gluten/dairy/sugar free recipes, but with more meat/poultry/seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment