Friday, January 21, 2011

Poached eggs without a Poacher! -Lola

Poaching eggs are one of the healthiest way to make them. Not to mention they are absolutely delicious! I never really would make poached eggs because I thought this whole time I needed a poacher, but I decided to give it a try without a poacher! Honestly, I dont even know what an egg poacher looks like. For all of you who also dont know -Here's a picture. So on to the egg poaching!
Ingredients:
*Eggs
*Apple Cider Vinegar
*Sea Salt
*A medium/large deep skillet w lid
*Little bowls/cups for eggs
Step one:
Get a medium to large skillet and fill it with 2-3 inches of water. Make sure your skillet has either a lid, or something else you can use for a lid. Bring the water to a boil. While you're waiting for the water to boil, crack your eggs into a little cup or bowl. I used a Chinese rice bowl for each egg.
Step two:
 Once the water is beginning to boil, add some sea salt and about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the boiling mixture. The Apple cider vinegar keeps the egg together, and is a healthy little additive as well. 
Step three:
Grab your egg cups and one at a time, lower the lip of the bowl into the water about and inch, and let the egg slide out into the water. Repeat with other eggs quickly!! Immediately cover the skillet and turn heat off completely. Set a timer, or watch your clock. I cook my eggs for 3 minutes so the inside is slightly firm but still gooey. You can change the time to 2 minutes or 4 minutes depending how cooked you like you yolk. 
Step four:
After your desired amount of poaching time, grab a spoon with slits or holes in it. Grab each egg one by one, let the water drip off the egg, and place it on your gluten free toast, english muffin, or bagel! I didn't use any type of bread, so I just ate it with bacon and steamed broccoli and spinach. 
Done and done!! Delicious, healthy poached eggs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment